This high-tech Clinical Laboratory includes Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Hematology, Immunology and Blood Bank facility.
Equipment in the Central Clinical Laboratory includes
- Fully automated five part differential hematology analyzer
- Fully automated random access biochemistry (XL 300, Vitros 250 Dry Chemistry)
- Vitros ECi chemiluminescence analyzers,
- Besides semi-automated biochemistry analyzers,
- Electrolyte analyzers
- Coagulometer for coagulation studies.
- Cytocentrifuge and
- HPLC for Hemoglobin studies are under process of installation.
- In the Microbiology division, the following sophisticated and latest equipments are installed:
- Bactalert 3D/60 incubation alert automated system (Biomerieux),
- Micro ELISA semiautomated reader and plate washer,
- Digital Microscope,
- RT PCR.
The Department of Pathology, Blood bank & Laboratory Services provide a full range of anatomic and clinical tests for patients at Shri Mahant Indiresh Hospital and the community.
It offers all the latest and most advanced testing services plus specialized professional consultation on test results. Emphasis is placed on diagnostic accuracy, timely reporting of results, and effective communication with the referring physician. Most of the tests are done in-house. However, a few tests which cannot be undertaken are sent to outside accredited referral laboratories.
Services are available 24 hours, all days of the week, with state-of-the-art laboratory equipment located at the Central Clinical laboratory which is accredited by NABL. The Histopathology and cytology service provides a diagnostic as well as consultation service in surgical pathology and cytology, crush preparations for per-operative diagnosis of CNS tumors, Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology including image guided procedures. In most cases, material is reviewed within 72 hours.
Microbiology and Immunology Division of the Central Laboratory located in the Hospital has following facilities:
Various kind of cultures of specimens e.g. pus, blood, CSF, stool, urine and body fluids for detecting bacterial fungal pathogens and their antibiograms.
In addition, the serology pertaining to typhoid fevers, brucella, hepatitis B and C viruses, dengue fever, HIV, malaria parasites etc. is being carried out.
Quantitative estimation of RA factor, ANA, ASO, CRP etc. are also done.
Internal, Intra laboratory as well as External Quality Control through EQUAS is being done regularly and with consistently good results.
The laboratory also maintains referral strains and antiserum for diagnostic purposes.
Awards / Achievements
1. The department has successfully participated in external & internal quality assurance programme in haematology conducted by Biorad Laboratory, USA.
2. The department has also successfully participated in external quality assurance programme in haematopathology & cytopathology organized by AIIMS, New Delhi & PGIMER, Chandigarh respectively.
3. The Microbiology division participate in the external quality control programme conducted by Research Foundation Sankara Netralya, Chennai.