1. Introduction of Department
The Department of Radiology at Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences, Dehradun is a state of art, fully equipped facility providing professional diagnostic and consultative services to referring physicians and patients. The department of Radiology is the premier facility in the state of Uttarakhand. The advance technology and expertise of faculty helps in comprehensive patient evaluation and reaching accurate diagnosis for all the clinical problems of patients. The department assures the patients that they are receiving some of the finest imaging services available anywhere. A full range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures are performed. A highly trained and professional radiology team performs and interprets these imaging tests.
2. Infrastructure available/special Machine/Equipment
The Department is equipped with 1.5 Tesla MRI, 128 slice CT scanner, DSA, Mammography, Ultrasound machines, Digital and Computerized Radiography systems (DR & CR), and Fluoroscopic machines.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS:
Radiography, Digital Radiography and CR System machines in the department
- GE HF Advantage / Simplex - 400 mA
- GE DX 525 with IITV - 500 mA
- Allengers HF Medical System MARS 50 - 600 mA
- Allengers Medical Sysm 50 Plus Fluoroscopy- 800 mA
- Multiease Siemens Xray - 800 mA
- Allengers 325mA
- Allengers Medical System MARS 50 Digital Radiography -630mA, 150 kV
- Fuji CR System-2
- Fuji Dry pix 7000-2
- Fuji Dry pix Plus-1
For mobile radiography, seven portable X-ray machines are available
- GE RT mammography machine
Ultrasound Machines in the Department of Radiology
- Philips IU- 22
- Toshiba Nemio-XG SSA-580A
- Siemens ACUSON-X 150
- Samsung Accuvix-XG
- Samsung Accuvix-XG
- Konica CD 30
- Philips Affiniti 30
- Mindray DC-30
Machines in Hospital Premises
- Toshiba SSA-510A
- Toshiba SSA550A
- Philips CX-50
- GE VIVID E-9 4D
- SONOSITE MICROMAXX
- L & T SONATA PLUS
- Toshiba Just Vision SSA-320A
- MIND RAY DP-1100 Plus
- SONOSITE M-TURBO
- MINDRAY DC-30
- MINDRAY M.NO.DC-70S
- HITACHI ALOKA F31
- NIDEK Echo Scan US 4000
High end 1.5 Tesla Siemens Avanto SQ engine with TIM technology.
Philips Ingenuity 128 slice scanner
Allengers life HP 30x30 FPD Machine for Vascular Interventions and hybrid procedure.
3. Routine clinical services provided by the department
- Routine X-Rays/digital radiography.
- CT Scan
- Digital Subtraction Angiography- DSA
- Interventional Radiology
- Skull AP, Lateral
- Lumbo-sacral spine AP and lateral
- Dorsal spine AP,lateral,Oblique
- Cervical spine AP,lateral, oblique
- Dorso-lumbar spine AP,lateral, oblique
- Pelvis AP,lateral, oblique
- Chest PA, lateral, AP
- PNS Waters, Caldwell’s
- Rt/Lt knee joints AP and lateral
- Rt/Lt hip joint AP and lateral
- Sternum Oblique/lateral
- Limbs AP,lateral, oblique
- Skull Townes view, base of skull view,
- Sella Turcica Coned down view
- Shoulder joint AP, lateral, tran-axial
- Wrist AP, lateral
- Hand AP, oblique
- Digit AP, lateral
- Ribs oblique
- Calcaneum lateral, axial
- Elbow AP, lateral
- Patella lateral, skyline view
- Mastoid oblique
- Joints AP, oblique
- Periorbital view for IAM
- Foot AP, lateral, oblique
- Intravenous pylogram
- Intravenous pyelogram
- Peripheral venogram
- Retrograde urethrography
- Retrograde cystography
- Barium enema
- Barium meal GI series
- Barium meal ileo caecal region
- Barium meal of stomach and duodenum
- Barium swallow of esophagus
- Small bowel enema
- Flouroscopy guided biopsy
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography
- Trans vaginal
- Upper abdomen: gall bladder, biliary system, liver, spleen, pancreas, renal retroperitoneum
- Abdominal aorta
- Doppler ultrasound
- Transcranial doppler studies
- Ultrasound guided FNACs, procedures
- Brain, Head and neck
- Diff/Perfusion studies
- CSF Studies
- MR angiography
- Spinal –lumbosacral, dorsal and cervical
- Thyroid/head and neck
- Abdomen-liver, spleen, pancreas, gall bladder
- Skeletal CT
- CT guided biopsy
- CT guided fluid aspiration
- CT guided FNAC
- Therapeutic procedures such as achohol ablotion
- CT angiography
Interventions done in Radiology department
- Hepatobiliary interventions
- Vascular malformation interventions
- Urogenital interventions
- Gastrointestinal interventions
- Venous interventions
- Arterial interventions
- Musculoskeletal interventions Pain management
- CT-guided RF ablation
- Embolization Stenting
- IVC filter placement
- Chemo port insertion
- CT guided sympatholysis
- Radiofrequency ablation.
- Various intervention procedures performed in our department:
4. Unique clinical services provided by the department
- Quality Cross section imaging with reporting standards as per internationally acceptable standards.
- One of the best regional level interventional facilities performing advanced Interventional procedures including TIPS, TACE, BRTO/PARTO, RFA of hepatic lesions, EVAR / TEVAR.
- All AERB and PCPNDT norms followed strictly
- Specialized Breast Imaging and Reporting
5. Routine Academic Activity
1) PG Teaching:
- Journal Club
- Case Presentation
- Faculty Lectures
- Spotters (Group Discussion)
- Quarterly Internal Assessment
- Log Book maintenance
- Paper & Poster presentation in conferences
2. MBBS Classes
6. Academic Activity Excellence
- PDCC course conducted in the department
|PDCC Vascular and Interventional Radiology
|PDCC Oncoimaging and Intervention Radiology
Recent research activity in the department (last 2 years):
- Dr. Rohit Sharma, Dr. Vishal, Dr. Manali, Dr. Rajiv Azad. Effect of vaccination on HRCT profile of COVID-19 patients : A single center experience - Accepted in journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care.
- Dr. Manali, Dr. Vishal, Dr. Sheenam Azad, Dr. Rajiv Azad, Dr. Rajendra Kumar Srivastava. Impact of COVID-19 on the education and mental well being of post graduate medical students - cross sections survey from an Indian Medical College - Accepted in Journal of Education and Health Promotion
- Dr. Manali, Dr. Vishal. Role of endovascular treatment in dysfunctional hemodialysis fistulae : A single center experience. Accepted in Indian journal of Nephrology.
- Prashant Sarda, Vishal Thakker, , Premila D. Waikhom, Manali Arora, Rohit Sharma, Sovinder Baisoya, , Jagdish Rawat, Rajiv K. Azad. Pneumomediastinum: Radiological profile and associations of uncommon complication of COVID-19.
- Bansal, Neeta, Sarda Prashant, Gupta Nikita, Singh, Parul. Evaluation of clinical profile, risk factors and management challenges in placenta accreta spectrum. 10.33545/gynae.2020.v4.i6c.749. International Journal of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Arora P, Rawat K, Azad R, Chouhan K. Assessment of Cerebrospinal Fluid Hydrodynamics using MRI in post craniospinal surgery patients. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging. 2021; 31: 304-10.
- Gupta S, Verma A, Sarda P, epidemiology and clinical outcomes of patients with amoebic liver abscess. journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare. 8(02):91-96 DOI:10.18410/jebmh/2021/18
- Lakhera D, Sarda P, Waikhom P, Bhuyan D, Duara BK. Role of Non-Invasive Imaging in Characterization of Soft Tissue Vascular Anomalies: Comparison of Ultrasound with Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging. J Clin Diagn Res 2020;14:01-05
- Lakhera D, Azad RK, Azad S, Singh R, Sharma R. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Cerebrospinal Fluid Hydrodynamics in patients with meningitis. J Clin Imaging Sci 2020; 10:29.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluation of Cerebral Microbleeds: A comparative Analysis of Susceptibility Weighted Imaging and T2 Gradient Recalled Echo Sequences. Juneja A, Azad R, Malhotra A. J Clin Diagn Res 2020;14:6-12
Ongoing Research Projects in department:
- Interobserver reliability of various Nephrometry scores for renal tumors.
- Ultrasonography Elastography assessment of Supraspinatus tendon.
- Role of higher resolution MR neurography in evaluation of brachial plexopathies.
- MRI venography and CSF flow dynamics in structural variant, compression and thrombosis of cerebral venous system.
- Quantitative clinico-radiological evaluation in knee osteoarthritis,
- Role of imaging in the evaluation of cervical lymph node metastasis in head and neck cancers.
- HRCT Staging of Cholesteatoma and Comparison with Intra-operative findings.
7. Other services platform
The Department runs daily special OPDs with dedicated specialists and state of the art machinery for:
- Interventional Radiology.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasonography.
- Breast Radiology (Mammography, Ultrasonography, MRI and Intervention).